The ultimate Virgin Islands experience
By Sarah Greaves-Gabbadon
CJ Travel Editor
OK, so you didn’t win the Powerball jackpot. But it’s never too early to start planning what you’ll do if your numbers come up the next time. Here’s an idea:
For a mere $252,000 you and up to five of your closest friends can spend seven days/six nights on a fully staffed private luxury yacht, cruising around the idyllic British and U.S. Virgin Islands.
The week-long bucket-list experience features a helicopter tour of the roughly 60 Virgin Islands and other highlights, including:
- Private jet flight from Miami to St. Croix and seaplane transfer to the yacht, awaiting in the waters of the BVI’s North Sound.
- A gourmet meal served on the beach at The Baths on Virgin Gorda, and a private snorkeling tour in the waters off Anegada
- Excursions to Scrub Island and Marina Cay for lunch and spa treatments
- Liming at the storied beach bars of White Bay, Jost Van Dyke
- Tours of the U.S. National Park in St. John
The no-expense-spared experience is designed by Hallas Travel, a venture founded by Mo Sallah, former manager at Lighthouse Bay Resort, Barbuda and Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda. “Our clients are some of the world’s most discriminating travelers,” says Sallah. “We put our travel savvy to work for them, crafting exclusive experiences that are soul satisfying.”