French St Martin remains closed to U.S. travelers, but Dutch St Maarten is open and welcoming U.S. and other travelers arriving at Princess Juliana International Airport.
The vast majority of St Maarten hotels are open for business, as are many attractions and restaurants on the island, including:
- Alicia’s Inn: Small, family owned inn located in downtown Philipsburg.
- Atrium Beach Resort and Spa: Beachfront vacation villa property in Simpson Bay, tentatively scheduled to reopen Oct. 1.
- Azure Hotel & Art Studio: Eight-room boutique hotel on Simpson Bay Beach also has an art gallery with works by the hotel owners.
- Belair Beach Hotel: All-suite, mid-rise beach resort on Little Bay.
- Carl’s Unique Inn: Budget-friendly small hotel is off the beach in Cole Bay but close to the airport and the capitals of the French and Dutch sides of the island.