Above: Emil Lee (centre) with CHTA CEO Jeff Vasser and outgoing President Richard Doumeng
By Alexander Britell
MIAMI — The Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association has a new president.
Emil Lee, general manager of the Princess Heights Hotel in St Maarten, was officially sworn in to the post at the regional association’s annual general meeting here on Tuesday.
Lee, who was elected to the post in July of 2013, will serve through 2016.
The annual general meeting, which took place at the Hyatt Regency Miami, was held in the context of the CHTA’s annual Taste of the Caribbean culinary competition.
The CHTA also announced a slate of five vice presidents and a treasurer:
• 1st Vice President – Karolin Troubetzkoy, president, St Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association and owner and executive director of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia
• 2nd Vice President – Stuart Bowe, president, Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association and senior vice president and general manager of Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
• 3rd Vice President – Karen Whitt, director, Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association and general manager, Regent Palms Turks and Caicos
• 4th Vice President – Patricia Affonso Dass, immediate past president, Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association and general manager of Ocean Two Resort & Residences, Barbados
• 5th Vice President – William “Bill” Clegg, regional vice president, Franchise Service and Programs for Choice Hotels International
• Treasurer – James Hepple, president and CEO, Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association