News

Anguilla Releases New Census Data

By: Caribbean Journal Staff - October 25, 2013

Above: Meads Bay

By the Caribbean Journal staff

Anguilla’s population has surpassed 13,000 people, according to new census data released by the government.

The country’s population is approximately 13,037 people, according to preliminary data. That represents a 12.8 percent increase in the total population over the island’s 2001 census figure of 11,561.

Of those people, 49.6 percent were males and the remaining 50.4 percent were females.

The total count on Census Night, which occurred on May 11, was 13,550 — that included hotel guests and boats within Anguilla’s waters.

One district in Anguilla, Stoney Ground, showed the largest increase over 2001, with a jump of about 35.8 percent.

Anguilla’s smallest district remains Sandy Ground, which saw

The Census project count occurred in 2011.

Popular Posts cape santa maria

From Anguilla to Aruba, the Best Caribbean Beaches to Visit This Summer

Forget the Hamptons, forget Santorini. And Florida? There’s a reason snowbirds go home in the summer. If you’re looking for a summertime beach getaway, the Caribbean is it. The water is deliciously warm, the trade winds keep you cool and […]


From Belize to Grenada, 10 Little Caribbean Beach Resorts to Visit Right Now 

karibuni

There are different resorts for different vacations, different tastes, different moods. For some, there’s something delicious about a pint-sized, tiny Caribbean resort, where the emphasis is on the intimate, the serene. Where the soundtrack isn’t a piped-in DJ set, but […]


Southwest Airlines Is Starting New Flights to Turks and Caicos, Cayman and The Bahamas 

beach at palms resort with umbrellas

Orlando has become an increasingly important source market for Caribbean travel in recent years, with carriers like Spirit and JetBlue adding new routes to the region to destinations like Cancun, Punta Cana and Puerto Rico.  Now, another carrier has is […]


Related Posts villa with mountains and green hills

It’s About to Get Easier to Fly to the Island of Dominica

Secret Bay: it’s one of the crown jewels of the Caribbean, a six-star eco-luxury resort that single-handedly put Dominica on the map for luxury travelers.  And now, it’s about to get a whole lot easier to reach the legendary resort.  […]


Belize Is the Fastest-Growing Destination in the Caribbean Right Now

belize tourism gaia

The pristine reefs of Ambergris Caye. The sparkling beaches of Placencia. The rugged natural beauty of the Cayo District.  Belize is a world of destinations for every kind of traveler, whether you’re seeking a rainforest retreat, a stay in a […]


This Company Is Adding 11 New Resorts in Punta Cana 

juanillo hills pool with sunset

Asian firm Archipelago is at it again, embarking on a major expansion in the Dominican Republic’s tourism hub of Punta Cana.  So what’s new? The company has announced the signing of 11 new resorts in Punta Cana, following a just-announced […]


SUBSCRIBE!

Sign up for Caribbean Journal's free newsletter for a daily dose of beaches, hotels, rum and the best Caribbean travel information on the net.


No. Thank You