October 13, 2013 | 11:26 am | Print
Above: Angostura’s rums
We rather like Angostura Rum here at Rum Journal — usually with ice alone.
But the famous House of Angostura’s rums are actually quite at home in a number of unique cocktails, from simple daiquiris to complex concoctions.
A particularly delectable one is the Angostura Jammy Rum Sour, a fruity, rich drink perfect for a Sunday in autumn.
Here’s the recipe, courtesy of Angostura:
• Two parts Angostura Reserva Rum or Angostura 5 Year Old Rum
• Two fairly generous teaspoons of Jam/Jelly (Raspberry or Strawberry)
• One part lemon juice
• Half an egg white (No yolk)
• Add ingredients into a Jam Jar.
• Add cubed ice and shake it viciously.
• Strain through sieve into a short glass or tumbler.